Providing your members, their family and your credit union with complete peace of mind.
Loan Protection is a Group insurance policy paid for by the credit union, which is used to repay the outstanding loan should the member die. Ultimately, helping to protect your credit union’s financial position and removing a potential stress from your member’s family, at an extremely difficult period.
The benefit payable is based on the outstanding member’s loan balance at the time the member dies, subject to a maximum level set by the credit union.
- CUNA Mutual’s Loan Protection Insurance is designed to provide complete peace of mind for you and your members by ensuring that the debt dies with the debtor.
- The credit union will receive the benefit of any claim, in order to repay the loan. In this way the Credit Union will not have to write off the debt or pursue the next of kin, and the debtor’s family is secure in the knowledge that the debt is eliminated, giving them peace of mind at a time of great need.
- Credit Unions across the world are leaders in offering members loans with “Built in Life cover” ensuring the “Debt dies with the Debtor” should the unthinkable happen. It has become a core part of the uniqueness that is credit unions. Credit Unions not only provide the member with the money they need, in a responsible and supportive manner, but also the reassurance that their loan is taken care of if they die.
- Providing members with help, support and where possible financial security is extremely important and is at the heart of the credit union ethos.
- Each Loan Protection program is designed with the unique needs of the Credit Union or lender in mind. Although many features are similar, the term, benefits, and loan sizes and loan types are all determined after a review with the respective Credit Union.
CUNA Mutual tailors the Loan Protection cover to suit the in-force book and targeted new lending strategy of Credit Unions.